why imx6's usdhc hasn't the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why imx6's usdhc hasn't the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register?

Jump to solution
senixsenix
Contributor I

in the linux sd driver

#define SDHCI_HOST_VERSION0xFE
#define   SDHCI_SPEC_3002

the linux will read the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION(offset 0xFE), and compare with the SDHCI_SPEC_300:

host->version = sdhci_readw(host, SDHCI_HOST_VERSION);

host->version = (host->version & SDHCI_SPEC_VER_MASK)

>> SDHCI_SPEC_VER_SHIFT;

if (host->version > SDHCI_SPEC_300) {

printk(KERN_ERR "%s: Unknown controller version (%d). "

"You may experience problems.\n", mmc_hostname(mmc),

host->version);

}

but in the imx6XXXrm.pdf , there isn't the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register.

so, every boot time ,we'll see the "mmc0: Unknown controller version (3). You may experience problems.."

where is the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register,what it means?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All i.MX6x possess the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register but this is not documented in the reference manual.

For i.MX6x, the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register is a 32-bit read only register at base offset 0xFC. Bits [31-16] are reserved. Bits [15-8] is the vendor version number and bits [7-0] is the Host Controller Specification Version.

The unknown SDHCI controller version issue was reported in ENGR00217936 and had been fixed in our recent BSP releases. The code to read the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register can be found in the function esdhc_readw_le() at file drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-esdhc-imx.c.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterChan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All i.MX6x possess the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register but this is not documented in the reference manual.

For i.MX6x, the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register is a 32-bit read only register at base offset 0xFC. Bits [31-16] are reserved. Bits [15-8] is the vendor version number and bits [7-0] is the Host Controller Specification Version.

The unknown SDHCI controller version issue was reported in ENGR00217936 and had been fixed in our recent BSP releases. The code to read the SDHCI_HOST_VERSION register can be found in the function esdhc_readw_le() at file drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-esdhc-imx.c.

0 Kudos
senixsenix
Contributor I

ok I see, thanks!

0 Kudos