Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which u-boot version supports for imx6dl board

saida
Contributor II

hi i.mx community

can any one tell me which version of u-boot supports for i.mx6dl board

and depending upon this board i am making my custom board for that also send detailed procedure to modify uboot for my board

thanks in advance

happy weekend

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi saida

uboot version can be found in i.MX_Linux_Release_Notes.pdf

included in documents L3.14.28_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS

For modifications one can look at i.MX_6_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saida
Contributor II

thank you for your reply

i gone through that document which shows that u-boot-2014.04 is supporting version

i downloaded source code and i have done following steps

$ tar xzf u-boot-2014.04.tar.bz

$ cd u-boot

$ make mx6dlsabresd_config (it was showing some nitrogenxl and config for mx6dlsabresd board)

generated u-boot.imx file than

$ dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdc1 bs=1k seek=1

$sync

i inserted in sdcard slot but its unable to boot

please help in this regard

thank you

0 Kudos

ThomasG1z
Contributor III

I assume you don't want to dd to partition 1 on sdc disk, but /dev/sdc itself, or the offset will be wrong. And if you also have the rootfs on this disk make sure you have enough space for u-boot (and perhaps the environment depending on where you store that) before the rootfs partition starts (e.g. sdc1), start at e.g. 16MiB offset for that.

0 Kudos

saida
Contributor II

thank you  for reply

when i insert sdcard through usb adapter in /dev/ there are  two partions its showing sdc,sdc1 may be i selected wrong one(that is sdc1)

can you give the details of how sdcard should be formated and why the offset is at 1024 bytes address

thank you

0 Kudos

ThomasG1z
Contributor III

sdc is not a partition but the raw disk. The offset is because the partition table will start from 0, so u-boot need to reside after that.

I'd recommend to create a partition for your file system at offset 16MiB from the start of the disk, that way you should also be sure that u-boot don't share a flash erase block with the file system, thus less likely to corrupt u-boot during a power outage for instance.

Use e.g. Gparted for creating the partition for the file system at the right offset, then "dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdc bs=1k seek=1", and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos

saida
Contributor II

hi

its working when i did dd on sdc

thank you thomas its very helpful and i am following posts to port linux kernel,root filesystem if anything required i will come back to you

thank you  much

byee

0 Kudos