what's the purpose of USB composite drivers ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's the purpose of USB composite drivers ?

Jump to solution
ise1
Contributor III

Hello !

I wonder something about USB composite devices. What's the point of using a USB composite driver for a sabreLite board instead of modprobing several USB drivers ? If we just pay attention that each USB drivers has a different major number, we will be able to modprobe them one by one isnt it ? Or am I wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your answers :smileywink:

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sebastien,

We usually prefer to use the USB Composite Driver, not because of the i.MX, this is because the Host PC or any other device that you are planning to use, need to have the proper driver for the USB class that you want to use,  in this case several options can be adopted, so  the easy way to make sure the Host PC has the driver it is the common USB driver in this case the Composite one.  Hope this clarify.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sebastien,

We usually prefer to use the USB Composite Driver, not because of the i.MX, this is because the Host PC or any other device that you are planning to use, need to have the proper driver for the USB class that you want to use,  in this case several options can be adopted, so  the easy way to make sure the Host PC has the driver it is the common USB driver in this case the Composite one.  Hope this clarify.

Have a great day,
Jaime

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ise1
Contributor III

Sorry I didn't see you answer but thanks a lot ! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos