what's the lowest cost of imx6 to 4-1080p30 cameras in mipi and 3D display production?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's the lowest cost of imx6 to 4-1080p30 cameras in mipi and 3D display production?

Jump to solution
翔李
Contributor IV

HI,

I am going to design a 3D production base on imx6 series IC,whic inputs 4 channel 1080P30 or P25 LVDS camera's video,then by MAXIM MAX9286 to output MIPI to imx6,and Panorama Stitching,at last,IMX6 outputs 3D display.

Is it neccessary to have 2 IPUs because of the 4 channel 1800p30 camera video in?

I know IMX6Q can do it but the high cost,so can IMX6 DUAL LITE or solo can? Or IMX6 DUAL? I like the lowest cost case.

Thanks.

MAX9286 LINK:

MAX9286 Quad 1.5Gbps GMSL Deserializer with Coax or STP Input and CSI-2 Output - Maxim 

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_2.png

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please note that i.MX6 Q and D processors differs only by cores number (4 ans 2 respectively).
So if you suppose i.MX6Q is enough for your purpose and you do not plan to load all their cores i.MX6D is enough as well.
As for i.MX6DL there are more difference between DL and Q including different VPU. i.MX6DL has a bit weaker VPU.
So I suspect i.MX6DL processor may not have enough power for your purposes.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please note that i.MX6 Q and D processors differs only by cores number (4 ans 2 respectively).
So if you suppose i.MX6Q is enough for your purpose and you do not plan to load all their cores i.MX6D is enough as well.
As for i.MX6DL there are more difference between DL and Q including different VPU. i.MX6DL has a bit weaker VPU.
So I suspect i.MX6DL processor may not have enough power for your purposes.

Have a great day,
Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
翔李
Contributor IV

THANKS. I accept it.

0 Kudos
JohnDoe1z
Contributor III

Hello Victor,

could you please go into more detail about the differences of the VPU on the iMX6DL and iMX6D?

I was under the impression that the VPU is the same on all SoCs.

Thanks.

0 Kudos