what is value of GPIO source/sink current per pin on i.MX6?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is value of GPIO source/sink current per pin on i.MX6?

nirmalakunwar
Contributor I

What is the current limit on single GPIO output which it can source / sink without any issue

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The GPIO buffer load capacity is not specified in units of current. It is specified in terms of buffer drive strength or output impedance. For example, refer to the Section 4.8.1 "GPIO Output Buffer Impedance" of the i.MX 6Dual/6Quad  Applications Processors for Consumer Products Data Sheet Rev.4 document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Also, the total load current and power dissipation should be taken into account when calculating the GPIO power budget.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos