cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is 'boota' in uboot env?

chadrickkwag
Contributor II

I'm looking at the envs in my uboot and here it is:

baudrate=115200                                                                                          

bootargs=console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off      video=mxcfb:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=256M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consolebalank=0      androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=384M

bootcmd=boota mmc1

bootdelay=3

ethact=FEC

ethaddr=00:04:9f:03:ef:39

ethprime=FEC

fastboot_dev=mmc1

fdt_high=0xffffffff

initrd_high=0xffffffff

loadaddr=0x12000000

splashpos=m,m

I don't understand what "bootcmd" values mean. Especially what is 'boota'? I've searched on google and it doesn't give me any meaningful results.

Another question that i have, is that once uboot executes bootcmd, does it automatically execute a kernel initiaing command with 'bootargs' by itself?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  chadrick kwag,

The u-boot have two related to the kernel boot environment parameters varialble, they are the bootcmd and bootargs. Here the bootcmd is the commands default start automatically. Bootargs env is an optional setting for booti.

About another question is that once uboot executes bootcmd, does it automatically execute a kernel initiaing command with 'bootargs' by itself? Yes.

Hope this can help you. Any questions contact us easily.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chadrickkwag
Contributor II

thank you for your answer. it helped me to sort out the second question that i had.

Could you also tell me what 'boota' command is?

0 Kudos

DiegoFSL
Contributor III

Hi chadrickkwag

'boota' is a U-Boot command to boot from an Android boot.img on mmc or from memory.

Here are some infos about boot.img:

https://stackoverflow.com/q/21173628/813810 

Try 'help boota' for more details.

Bests,

Diego

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  chadrick kwag,

Which version BSP are you using?

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos

chadrickkwag
Contributor II

I am developing with sabre-sdb imx6.quad

trying to use lollipop(android 5.1) and using BSP "android_L5.1.1_2.10-ga_core_source".(<- i hope this is what you are asking)

0 Kudos