cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video rendering issue for lvds and hdmi

vieshoth_n
Contributor I

Hi All ,

I am using imx6q based our own development board with kernel 4.1 and poky version 15.0 (krogoth).

I am facing some Video Render plugin problem while tying to play a video in lvds and hdmi.

The problem is I cannot use the same video render plugin to play video in lvds and hdmi.

For Ex: 

Video is playing properly in LVDS if I use the below command . But the same command is causing problem when playing in HDMI.

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/media_files/test_play.mp4 ! decodebin ! imxeglvivsink -v

Video is playing properly in HDMI if I use the below command . But the same command is causing problem when playing in LVDS.

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/media_files/test_play.mp4 ! decodebin ! imxg2dvideosink -v

So its like, to play a video in LVDS only "imxeglvivsink" plugin can be used. And to play a video in HDMI only "imxg2dvideosink" plugin can be used.

NOTE:

In krogoth imx release the gstreamer fsl plugins are removed. Only gstreamer imx plugins are there.

SInce imx fido poky had gstreamer fsl plugins we were able to use "imxv4l2sink"  video render plugin for both LVDS and HDMI.

So my question is why it is causing problem when using the same video render plugin for both LVDS and HDMI in krogoth release?

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance,

Vieshoth.N

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vieshoth

could you try recipes-multimedia: imx-gst1.0-plugins-4.1.4, imx-codec-4.1.4 in
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale/tree/master/recipes-multimedia
described in Table 6. Multimedia standard packages attached  i.MX Linux Release Notes,

Rev. L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga, 10/2016 and usage in sect.7.3.8 Linux Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos