cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v4l2-compliance failures

kenfrederickson
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot issues with capturing and displaying video on an i.MX6 Sabre board.  Video drivers are not my forte.

We're using Yocto to build our bsp and I have added the v4l2-utils packages and dependencies.  A result of adding this package is the v4l2-compliance tool.  When running that tool, there are several failures.  Please see attached.  I have read in other posts that claim success despite v4l2-compliance issues. 

I also performed an strace on an application that is attempting to access /dev/video0.  Please see attached.  It is obvious that the driver is not providing some of the necessary functionality, namely VIDIOC_TRY_FMT and VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL.

My question is, do I have a broken driver that needs to be patched or are these failures normal?  Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks.

Original Attachment has been moved to: AppStrace.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: v4l2ComplianceOutput.zip

Labels (4)
Tags (4)
2 Replies

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As I know, linux-imx kernel is not completly v4l2-compliance .

What do you need? What are you trying to do? Let´s focus on what you want instead of classify compliance the the kernel?

0 Kudos

kenfrederickson
Contributor II

Hi Daiane,

Thanks for your response.  My apologies that I didn't see it in my inbox until now!

When I encountered this problem, I was attempting to run various VOIP stacks on the and IMX6 EVM.  One was using SDL, which failed when attempting to invoke v4l.

When I am able to get back to this, I will message you again with more details on the error.

Thanks again,

Ken