cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v4l2 capture: slave not found!

Jump to solution
rebelalliance
Contributor III

I have switched my hardware from the SabreSD Board w/ i.MX6Q to SabreSD Platform w/ i.MX6Q.

I am using ltib from L3.0.35_4.0.0_ER_SOURCE.tar.gz to build my kernel and rootfs from scratch.

I used the same SD card with the same rootfs/bootloader/kernel that I was using to boot the SabreSD Board and used it to boot the SabreSD Platform.  Everything went fine except now I am trying to get video from the ov5640 MIPI camera using the pipeline "gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc  ! mfw_v4lsink" and I get the following output on my dmesg:

camera ov5640_mipi is found

ERROR: v4l2 capture: slave not found!

Of course I have modprobed the drivers; my lsmod shows:

Module                  Size  Used by

mxc_v4l2_capture       21621  1

ipu_bg_overlay_sdc      3925  1 mxc_v4l2_capture

ipu_still               1703  1 mxc_v4l2_capture

ipu_csi_enc             2937  1 mxc_v4l2_capture

ipu_fg_overlay_sdc      4856  1 mxc_v4l2_capture

ipu_prp_enc             4685  1 mxc_v4l2_capture

ov5640_camera_mipi     19710  0

camera_sensor_clock      765  1 ov5640_camera_mipi

I checked the file sizes of L3.0.35_4.0.0_ER_SOURCE and L3.0.35_4.0.0_DEMO_IMAGE under

Freescale > i.MX Applications Processors >i.MX 6 Series Processors > RDIMX6SABREPLAT (for SabreSD Platform) and under Freescale > i.MX Applications Processors > i.MX 6 Series Processors > RDIMX6SABREBRD (for SabreSD Board) and found the file sizes to be exactly the same same.  Also, I found nothing in the kernel config or ltib config specifically referring to the SabreSD Platform.  To the best of my knowledge, SabreSD Board is just a stripped down version of the SabreSD Platform.

So my question is, does the SabreSD Platform and SabreSD Board share the same SDK?  And what is causing the ERROR: v4l2 capture: slave not found! message?

Please advise.

Labels (3)
1 Solution
rebelalliance
Contributor III

Apparently I need to specify the device name to the mfw_v4lsrc plugin because it is a higher layer in charge of all camera sources (parallel and MIPI in case of SabreSD Platform) so this pipeline works with the mipi camera:

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video1  ! mfw_v4lsink

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rebelalliance
Contributor III

Apparently I need to specify the device name to the mfw_v4lsrc plugin because it is a higher layer in charge of all camera sources (parallel and MIPI in case of SabreSD Platform) so this pipeline works with the mipi camera:

gst-launch mfw_v4lsrc device=/dev/video1  ! mfw_v4lsink

0 Kudos