Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use mfgtool download imx6ql eMMC error

Jump to solution
junyi
Contributor I

DVFS driver module loaded

regulator_init_complete: SPKVDD: incomplete constraints, leaving on

snvs_rtc snvs_rtc.0: setting system clock to 1970-01-01 00:49:05 UTC (2945)

Freeing init memory: 200K

Starting UTP

ln: /etc/mtab: File exists

disable turn off display

Starting the hotplug events dispatcher udevd

udevd (1958): /proc/1958/oom_adj is deprecated, please use /proc/1958/oom_score_adj instead.

Synthesizing initial hotplug events

g_file_storage gadget: high speed config #1

uuc 0.4 [built Aug 16 2013 01:24:08]

UTP: Waiting for device to appear

UTP: file/device node /dev/utp already exists

cpu_id is 0

UTP: received command '$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=1536 count=16'

UTP: executing "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=1536 count=16"

16+0 records in

16+0 records out

8192 bytes (8.0KB) copied, 0.000227 seconds, 34.4MB/s

UTP: sending Success to kernel for command $ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=1536 count=16.

utp_poll: pass returned.

UTP: received command '$ echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro'

UTP: executing "echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro"

sh: can't create /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro: nonexistent directory

UTP: sending Non-success to kernel for command $ echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro.

utp_poll: exit with status 256

This is my serial debug messages , I use the uboot and uImage in the mfgtools.

I want to know whether I should rebuild uboot and uImage again! if not why I cant not partition my eMMC and always failure

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jun,

Have you solved your problem? If yes please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you~~
Have a great day~~

Best Regards

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jun,

Would you please tell us which board and which BSP are you using? You want to download image to board, using the default uboot and uImage in mfgtools is ok. I wonder what have you modified when you download. So It's hard to detect where's the problem.

Best Regards

Dan

junyi
Contributor I

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your responding.What I have changed is that my emmc use USDHC-3 but not USDHC-4,so I config the CFG2_4:CFG2_3=10, I think it wil be ok. and my board is reference SabreSD, my cpu is i.MX6DL.

Best Regards

jun

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jun,

Have you solved your problem? If yes please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you~~
Have a great day~~

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
junyi
Contributor I

Hi Dan,

Thank you ! I have solved my problem. I have built the uboot and the uImage again by myself. finally it's ok.

Best Regards

Jun

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jun,

I am glad to hear that it works now:smileyhappy:. Any other questions, welcome to create new threads ini.MX Community .

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
junyi
Contributor I

Hi Dan,

When I was reading the "Manufacturing Tool V2 (MFGTool2) Linux or Android Firmware Development Guide" in the MFGTools document,I cant found something. There is one chapter say "How to Generate U-Boot and Kernel Image for MFG Please refer to the BSP User Guide, chapter Build Manufacturing Firmware." My problem is that i cant find where is the document which name is "the BSP User Guide".Because I really want to read more details about Building Manufacturing Firmware,I also search it on freescale's website,but I still cant find.Could you please tell me where I can get the docoument which introduce how to building Manufacturing Firmware.Thank you!

Best Regards

Jun

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jun,

The document is in the L3.0.35_4.1.0_LINUX_DOCS. Here I can attach to you. The document name is i.MX_6Solo6DualLite_SABRE-SDP_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf. And the 3.9 Building Manufacturing Firmware is what you need. By the way, you also can select Build mfg firmware in LTIB.

Best Regards

Dan

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
junyi
Contributor I

Hi Dan,

What you offer  is really helpful for me, thank you very much.

Best Regards

Jun

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

My pleasure:smileyhappy:~~

0 Kudos
wangrc
Contributor I

Hi Dan;

I hava the same problem, my board's emmc connect to  SD4_DATA0 - SD4_DATA7,SD4_CMD,SD4_CLK, and I download Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6DL_UPDATER,

in the ucl2.xml, I add the command;

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>   

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls -l /dev/mmc* ">ls /dev/*</CMD>

but there is no /dev/mmcblk0 device

In my Android bsp, I used mx6dl_sabresd_mfg_config to generate mfg uboot, used imx6_updater_config to generate mfg uImage

Is it correct? and how to modify the code to adapt to my board?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jun,

As you are not using freescale's boards, so you have to build uboot and uImage according to your own board. I thought you are using freescale's board. So you can have try after you build the BSP according to your boards.

Best Regards

Dan