cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb stick cant not mount on yocto linux with imx6quad

turkersezgin
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I have a stable OS which is generated from Pyro...

But I want to mount my usb disk on Rootfs, it doesn't.

I add some recipe to local.conf file but still it is not running..

Please suggest me something. I am trying a few days, there is no solution for me.

4 Replies

turkersezgin
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply.

Manually I can mount and umount usb stick on the terminal.

Kernel version is  3.14.28, I have to use this. Is there a option in kernel config for usb auto mount/umount?

Normally, I want to that Usb stick mounts when it has plugged; after unplugged, it umounts...

I can not do this with udev rule or fstab.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you please indicate which specific BSP and board are you using? Have you tested with the pre-build demo images from the following site?

i.MX Software | NXP 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

turkersezgin
Contributor III

Hi Mr.Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using custom board with imx6quad. I use custom kernel and u-boot for my board but I generate Rootfs from yocto-pyro.

I tried to add some udev rules or scripts but I can not do automount-autoumount.

Could you suggest for me something useful?

Thank you again.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I just tested Yocto demo image L4.14.98_2.0.0 on i.MX6Q SABRE SD board, and it is properly mounting the USB sticks (with FAT and FAT32 partitions) on the following path:

/run/media/sdx   where x is the letter of the drive (typically ‘a’) and then the partition number.

When it does not automatically mount is when inserting a USB stick with exFAT or NTFS partitions, but the terminal informs that a volume was inserted.

Additionally, if nothing is shown on the terminal, you should check the micro-USB to USB-A adapter. The ID pin of the adapter must be grounded in order to enable the Host mode of the OTG port; otherwise, the OTG port will act as Device and the connected USB sticks will not be powered.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos