表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

usage eMMC in pSLC mode with imx6

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,975件の閲覧回数
jindrichbrett
Contributor II

Hi imx linux guys,

I would like to ask if anybody uses eMMC in pSLC mode with imx6. I personally have no experiences with that, but my quite experienced customer told me that there is still no support for that mode in linux kernel for imx6 - specific register is not accesible.. 

Second source tels me that this is not imx-specific question. it should work transparently like standard emmc and only tehe is necesarry to "format" ( setup ) card to that mode.

if anybody knows answer please let me know.

Thanks  a lot

Jindrich

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
1 解決策
764件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jindrich

advantage of pSLC is that it does not require any changes to the memory controller

so it is used as usual eMMC:

http://electronicdesign.com/site-files/electronicdesign.com/files/uploads/2013/09/FAQs-Toshiba-Septe...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
3 返答(返信)
765件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jindrich

advantage of pSLC is that it does not require any changes to the memory controller

so it is used as usual eMMC:

http://electronicdesign.com/site-files/electronicdesign.com/files/uploads/2013/09/FAQs-Toshiba-Septe...

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 件の賞賛
765件の閲覧回数
jindrichbrett
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

ok, thanks a lot.

Jindrich

0 件の賞賛
765件の閲覧回数
jindrichbrett
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Have you got some experiences how to setup pslc mode please ?

is it necesarry to write several register directly to emmc, or does exist some routine for linux ?

what i know so our programming centre is able to do that, but they do not want to share what everything is necesarry.

Thanks

BR

JIndrich

0 件の賞賛