upgrade wpa_supplicant to latest version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade wpa_supplicant to latest version

dluberger
Contributor V

I'm using a redpines usb wifi module, and am having problems. according to them, I need to be using wpa_supplicant version 2.6, but the latest version of the freescale yocto project from git.freescale.com is imx-morty, that has kernel version 4.9.11 and yocto release morty.  the latter only has a recipe for wpa_supplicant 2.5.  I see that new versions of openembedded yocto have wpa_supplicant 2.6, which is what i need.  How do I "upgrade" the wpa_supplicant recipe to use version 2.6? Is it simply a matter of overwriting the recipe in the yocto sources directory with the newer version? or is there a way to get the freescale imx-morty yocto source and upgrade the whole thing to use all the freescale morty recipes but with a newer branch of oe yocto?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David Luberger,

The 4.9.88_2.0.0 BSP Release (based on the rocko branch) does have version 2.6 of the wpa-supplicant so you could switch to this version.

You could add the new BSP recipe and use it on your current setup, but I would be careful as dependencies may change and cause conflicts that would need to be addressed.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

When I look at the branches for the imx yocto on git.freescale.com, I don't see a 4.9.88_2.0.0 branch.  Normally I init my repo to use imx-morty branch.  how do I use the branch you're talking about?

0 Kudos