Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unused pin for eMMC device of i.MX6

Jump to solution
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear all,

A eMMC device is connected to SD1 port.
When a system is booted from eMMC on SD1 port, I understand that a CD signal isn't used.
(GPIO_1 pin)

In that case, is it possible to use this pin as GPIO?

unsued pin for eMMC.png

Best Regards,
Yuuki

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yuuki,

No, you cannot use the Card Detect pin as a GPIO, even if you connect the eMMC to the SD1 you still need the CD pin to enable the SD1.

Have a great day,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yuuki,

No, you cannot use the Card Detect pin as a GPIO, even if you connect the eMMC to the SD1 you still need the CD pin to enable the SD1.

Have a great day,
Sergio

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos