cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to configure I.MX28 DCP memcopy Control0 Field work packet

nithish
Contributor I

hi all

Im trying to do mem to mem copy .The ref manual says the main functions of the DCP module are enabled with the ENABLE_MEMCOPY,ENABLE_BLIT, ENABLE_CIPHER and ENABLE_HASH bits from the Control0 field in the work packet. The combinations of these bits determine the function performed by the DCP. And there are also fields like SOURCE BUFFER and DESTINATION BUFFER in the ref manual but im not able to configure those too, because they have not mentioned those registers.

how do i configure the Packet1 for mem to mem copy ? or please tell me how to do mem to mem copy using DCP or DMA..

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to section 13.2.6.4 (Work Packet Structure) of the i.MX28 Reference
Manual, where Source Buffer Addr and Destination Buffer Addr fields are described. Note,

the memory is accessed by DCP directly ; so the memory address must be physical address

and area is non-cacheable in CPU MMU.

You may look at NXP Linux BSP how to use DCP. Please refer to Chapter 20 [Data Co-Processor (DCP)

Driver ] of MX28_EVK_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf”. Section 20.6 (Unit Test) describes Tcrypt as DCP

test module.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L2.6.35_1.1.0_ER_SOURCE&appType=license&location=null&fp...

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nithish
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply yuri . I will try the above things .

thank you again

0 Kudos