cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ubuntu oneiric on i.mx6 SABRE-SD board

Jump to solution
wenjingyang
Contributor II

I download  L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_images_MX6 from freescale website. I copied u-boot, uImage and rootfs into a SD card accroding to i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD-Linux_User's_Guide.pdf.  After that I set up Ubuntu roots oneiric.tgz to the SD card.

Then I boot the board. There are some errors but it still be booted and in the root@linaro-ubuntu-desktop:~# . I attached the boot log file.

I can't see any display on the LCD on the board. I have checked the video setting in the boot env.

bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

Does anyone can help me if my ubunto image is correct according to the log?

Why there is no any display on the LCD on the board?

Thanks.

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_Mar_26_2014.txt.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wenjing,

Are you using i.mx6q-sdp board? And which LCD are you using ? If you are using CLAA-WVGA LCD, you just need to modify the u-boot "video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,CLAA-WVGA,if=RGB565". If not , you need to modify the lcd driver and adding the LCD information you are using. So that the LCD can display.

Hope this can help you~~
Have a great day

Best Regards

Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
frank_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi wenjing,

Maybe your document "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD-Linux_User's_Guide.pdf" can solve my problem. Could you send me a copy?  Thank you!

Best Regards

Yao

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yao,

Here you can download it and more document from freescale official website. Here I can attached it for you, hope this can help you.
Have a great day,
Best Regards

Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
wenjingyang
Contributor II

Hi, all

Thanks for your help.Today  I realized my problem was in ubuntu image burning. I tried these commands on a SD card with good ubuntu. Everything is fine.

My problem maybe caused by error‘connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket’ during reboot.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wenjing,

It's great that your problem have been solved. If no any problems, would you please help closing this thread by click on Correct Answer and helpful answer.

Thanks a lot~~

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
wallyyeh
Contributor V

Hi, wenjing:

you mean you attach HDMI cable between LCD and sabreSD board?

how about paste your

1. /proc/cmdline :

cat /proc/cmdline

2. xrandr :

export DISPLAY=:0

xrandr

wenjingyang
Contributor II

Wally,

Thanks for your replay

I didn't use HDMI. I just want to get display on the LCD on the sabreSD board.

1.  cat /proc/cmdline

console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

2.xrandr

Can't open display :smileylaugh:

0 Kudos
wallyyeh
Contributor V

if you export DISPLAY=:0 first, but still can't get  xrandr output.

that indicate Xorg may not started yet, try "ps aux | grep Xorg" and check your Xorg is running or not.

if Xorg is running but you still get no output, you might get wrong device when you start the system.

I use the this board to attach HDMI LCD monitor, here is my /proc/cmdline:

console=ttymxc0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw fbmem=64M video=mxcfb0:dev=vga,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32

you can see my device argument: "video=mxcfb0:dev=vga,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32"

I not sure what device is needed using in-board LCD panel.

wenjingyang
Contributor II

Wally

After I try "ps aux | grep Xorg", I get.

root     14409  0.0  0.0   2960   704 ttymxc0  S+   00:04   0:00 grep --color=auto Xorg

Then I tried this one

setenv bootargs_mmc 'setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666,bpp=32 ldb=sin1 fbmem=10M'

I can see a only dash flash on the lcd. 

I tried

export DISPLAY=:0 & xrandr.

Can't open display : 0

I don't know which is the right command to start display in in-board LCD.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi wenjing,

Are you using i.mx6q-sdp board? And which LCD are you using ? If you are using CLAA-WVGA LCD, you just need to modify the u-boot "video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,CLAA-WVGA,if=RGB565". If not , you need to modify the lcd driver and adding the LCD information you are using. So that the LCD can display.

Hope this can help you~~
Have a great day

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
wallyyeh
Contributor V

wenjing:

So your Xorg not started yet, you only grep one process contains "Xorg" string, and that's you "ps aux | grep Xorg" command.

Since Xorg not started, you will never get xrandr output.

unfortunately I don't know the correct device either.

I noticed that your u-boot args "bootargs_mmc=setenv bootargs ${bootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootwait rw video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24"

you might need to changed it.

you can refer PDF file "i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Sabre-SD_Linux_User_Guide.pdf", search string "video", you need to test all bootargs_mmc yourself to fit in your case.

0 Kudos