cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uboot loads the kernel from emmc ont the imx8mp

Jump to solution
chen-wust
Contributor II

Currently, we load the kernel from emmc at 31.1m/s. I would like to ask if it is possible to increase this speed by configuring emmc's device tree. What is the maximum loading speed that can be achieved under the condition of sufficient hardware resources

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It depends on the eMMC but you can increase the speed by 50 mS.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It depends on the eMMC but you can increase the speed by 50 mS.

Regards

0 Kudos
chen-wust
Contributor II

I have changed his bus mode to improve read/write speed, and it does improve read/write speed. However, it will lead to the following problems, making the running speed of other modules slow down a lot.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Boot-speed-of-the-imx-8plus-Why-is-the-kernel-slow-to-i...

In particular, when using HS400 (read/write rate 70M/S), the uboot boot time is 3s longer, and the kernel boot time is 1s longer.
When using HS200 (read/write rate of 60M/S), although the uboot boot time is 1s less, the kernel boot time is 1s longer.
I think emmc seems to take a long time to initialize when I switch to high speed mode, so the overall boot time doesn't improve. I don't think it's normal that emmc initialization is so slow. In hs200 mode, emmc in the kernel is not initialized properly. In hs400 mode, both the kernel and uboot are slow to initialize emmc. Any good advice on this problem?

0 Kudos