Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot.imx no mtdparts table

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi,

I built u-boot.imx with UBI support, but I could not get ubi information:

=> ubi info
Error, no UBI device/partition selected!
=>

The mtdparts was set:

=> printenv mtdparts
mtdparts=gpmi-nand:1m(boot),1m(ubootenv),-(storage)

But nothing shown in mtdparts list, where is the mtdparts  table stored in u-boot?

=> mtdparts

=>

=> printenv mtdids
## Error: "mtdids" not defined

=> setenv mtdids "nand0=gpmi-nand"

=> printenv mtdids
mtdids=nand0=gpmi-nand

=> mtdparts
Device nand0 not found!

What was missing  here? The mtdparts command is to list partition table, where is the partition table? I guess that partition table is located from dtb installation, it's address is 0x90000000, what is the command to set mtdparts to read mtd partition from dtb?

=> printenv fdt_addr
fdt_addr=0x90000000

=> print dtb_addr
dtb_addr=0x90000000

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Tao2022
Contributor III
Hi, JH,
Did you find the solution for your problem? I am having the same symptom as you did. It will be great if you can share some light of it.
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jh

one can look at uboot mx6var_som, where ubifs (mtdparts, mtdids) are defined more fully:

[U-Boot] [PATCH] imx: mx6var_som: Add support for Variscite mx6 boards 

uboot-imx/mx6var_som.h at imx_v2018.03_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga_var01 · varigit/uboot-imx · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thanks for your response and providing great links and information.

We are using customized board mx6ul_14x14_evk, if we add CONFIG_MTD_DEVICE, CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS, and all other parameters to mx6ul_14x14_evk.h, that will extend mx6ul_14x14_evk_defconfig to support and to fix mtdparts in u-boot, right?

Can NXP or someone provide commercial support to help us to add patches to fix u-boot mtdparts on customized mx6ul_14x14_evk u-boot?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jh

one can look at Professional Services

Commercial Support and Engineering Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor