cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the way to wakeup from deep sleep mode

alex_park
Contributor II

I'm using i.mx6 solox.

I read Linux Reference Manual.pdf of solo version because I couldn't find the solox's version.

In 14.1.5

The document describes how to set system-level low-power modes,

And it says "enable wake up source first, USB device, debug uart or RTC etc."

Would you please be more specific about this?

Specially from USB Device. (such as usb type WiFi Module)

and how about waking up from I2C? (from touch screen)

is this possible ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

alex_park
Contributor II

How to configure iMX6 (Linux) to power resume via GPIO

This might be helpful :smileyhappy:

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi MINKYU

for usb wake-up one can look at attached Linux Manual

sect.41.2.5 USB Wakeup Usage, this is aplicable also to i.MX6SX.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alex_park
Contributor II

igorpadykov

In the manual you kindly attached,

"22.1.5 Unit Test To enter different system level low power modes: echo mem > /sys/power/state echo standby > /sys/power/state To wake up system from low power modes, enable the wakeup source first, such as USB device, debug UART, or RTC, which can be used as a wakeup source. Below is the example of UART wakeup: echo enabled > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/imx-uart/'xxxxxxx'.serial/tty/ttymxc'y'/power/ wakeup; Here 'xxxxxxx' is the physical base address of your debugging UART. For example, for UART1, it is 2020000. 'y' is your debugging UART index. To test this mode automatically, refer to our script in /unit_tests/suspend_random_auto.sh or /unit_tests/suspend_quick_auto.sh. For MQXTM RTOS running with Linux together, press "s" on the MQX RTOS console to start the test. MQX RTOS will enter or exit its low power idle mode in a random period."

Only for UART example, but how about USB and I2C (like touch screen..)

Would anybody be more specific about this ? any examples..?

Thanks in advance/.

0 Kudos