tft lcd

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tft lcd

vahidnoori
Contributor II

i have a imx5 and imx6 board . i decided to run tft lcd by its. but i dont know what tft is suitable (lvds interface and driver for linux) for this boards???

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,vahid,

(1) i.mx51

there are 2 parallel LCD interfaces on i.mx51, both support RGB24 , RGB666, RGB565.

(2)i.mx53

there are 2 LVDS ports(LVDS0 and LVDS1) and 2 parallel ports(DISP0 and DISP1, normally, we use DISP0)

(3)I.MX6

We have I.MX6SL, i.mx6s/dl/d/q, I.MX6SL is designed for E-book. i.mx6sl/dl/dq can be designed all-in-one board. they also support  2 LVDS ports(LVDS0 and LVDS1) and 2 parallel ports(DISP0 and DISP1, normally, we use DISP0).

Mode details, you can download their schematic from our website, you will find those interface I metioned above.

As for driver of LCD you will use, you should porting it to linux or android system according to your LCD spec, it is not difficult , you only need to add your LCD timing to our bsp.

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos

vahidnoori
Contributor II

Hello.

Ye I know it but I don't know which tft lcd that has both lvds and driver of linux is suitable for imx53

Sent from my HTC

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX53 BSP(s) suport CLAA WVGA and Seiko WVGA panels.

It was tested with i.MX53 START-R design.

Also HannStar LVDS panel is supported by BSPs.

0 Kudos

vahidnoori
Contributor II

hello.

is each lcd that has LVDS interface supported and matched by imx53?if no

which on of LCD that has LVDS is suitable for imx53?

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Yuri Muhin

0 Kudos

EgleTeam
Contributor V

LVDS is only the physical layer: parallel RGB serialized. Almost any LVDS display should work with iMX6/iMX5 (provided no extra config by I2C be necessary). We've tried some displays recycled from old laptops and they worked perfect.

Good luck!

0 Kudos