cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

textoverlay clockoverlay in Gstreamer pipeline

Jump to solution
hiephuynh
Contributor III

Hello,  I'm trying to add clockoverlay into my video stream.  However, the text displayed is not correct (i.e. it shows "boxy" character instead of time digits).  What's the issue? Fonts not found?  Please help.  I've attached the screenshot (see text in top right corner of BBB stream).

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution
aurelienbouin
Contributor IV

So I finally find what was wrong using the fontconfig-utils package

FYI fc-list can list the embedded fonts, and none was appearing ...

So what was missing is the package : liberation-fonts

Once installed fc-list could list the fonts and gstreamer textoverlay was then working ...

So guessing that you use yocto : add liberation-fonts into IMAGE_INSTALL of the image built

Regards,

Aurelien BOUIN

View solution in original post

4 Replies
aurelienbouin
Contributor IV

So I finally find what was wrong using the fontconfig-utils package

FYI fc-list can list the embedded fonts, and none was appearing ...

So what was missing is the package : liberation-fonts

Once installed fc-list could list the fonts and gstreamer textoverlay was then working ...

So guessing that you use yocto : add liberation-fonts into IMAGE_INSTALL of the image built

Regards,

Aurelien BOUIN

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hiep,

Can you share your pipeline of gstreamer,?  at first review it seems that there is no fonts, or using an incorrect language dictionary,   try with this pipeline:

gst-launch videotestsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=15/1 ! textoverlay text="Hello" ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink

0 Kudos
hiephuynh
Contributor III

I've tried with textoverlay too but the same result.  How can I make sure that my fonts are in place and correct language dictionary?  I'm using Buildroot 2016.05.

Thanks a bunch.

0 Kudos
aurelienbouin
Contributor IV

Hello Hiep,

I have exactly the same problem, attached is the "boxy" character you probably are talking about :tmp.jpg

have you figured out what was wrong ?

regards

Aurelien BOUIN

0 Kudos