Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spidev on sabrelite

Jump to solution
jaiganesh
Contributor III

Greetings,

I am using sabrelite board with 2009.08 u-boot and 3.0.35 linux kernel (LTIB BSP) . The sabrelite board has 2MB SPI NOR flash but I cannot find "/dev/spidev" entry created in linux kernel.

I have tried steps in these posts but still no "spidev" entry is created.

How to enable spidev for all SPI (1-5) for MX6

Can't use spidev on i.MX53.

Re: SPI: SPIDEV interface question

/dev/spidev not appearing on iMX6Q despite kernel configuration and modalias="spidev"

Re: spidev

I can access the NOR flash using "sf" command in u-boot. Has anyone successfully able to create "/dev/spidev" entry in linux kernel for sabrelite?

Thanks

Jai Ganesh S

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hello Jai,

Since the only SPI device on the SABRE Lite (BD-SL-i.MX6) is the SPI-NOR flash, we don't enable userspace SPI in our default configuration.

You can enable it using the kernel's "menuconfig" or by adding "CONFIG_SPI_SPIDEV=y" to your kernel configuration, but the SPI-NOR is accessible using the MTD driver, so SPIDEV isn't needed for that.

We are working on a configuration that will re-purpose the LCD connector (J15) on the SABRE Lite boards

You can enable it using the kernel's "menuconfig" or by adding "CONFIG_SPI_SPIDEV=y" to your kernel configuration, but the SPI-NOR is accessible using the MTD driver, so SPIDEV isn't needed for that.

Based on customer feedback, we are working on a configuration that will re-purpose the LCD connector (J15) on the SABRE Lite boards as a combination of GPIO and additional SPI channels (ECSPI2/3).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hello Jai,

Since the only SPI device on the SABRE Lite (BD-SL-i.MX6) is the SPI-NOR flash, we don't enable userspace SPI in our default configuration.

We are working on a configuration that will re-purpose the LCD connector (J15) on the SABRE Lite boards

Based on customer feedback, we are working on a configuration that will re-purpose the LCD connector (J15) on the SABRE Lite boards as a combination of GPIO and additional SPI channels (ECSPI2/3).

0 Kudos