cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow boot on imx6ul due to "Starting udev"

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to reduce boot time on imx6ul board and see that udev mounting is more than 50% of the time, now is 14s.

I have read different posts related to udev, tried to remove some power management parameters from kernel config and also disabled hot plug for usb as saw from the kernel code that this was the device most likely to need a node.

I have looked at the /init.d/udev script and cannot figure out what could be optimized. Also there is no error message related to udev initialization, it just takes a lot of time.

Does anybody have experience with this topic or could give me some advice on how to reduce the time for udev initialization.

Best regards,

Mihaita

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mihaita

as this is general linux question one can post it on mail list used operating system,

also one can check check suggestions and solutions on

Slow Boot Time udev-settle - Ask Fedora: Community Knowledge Base and Support Forum 

uboot ext4load is very slow to read the kernel image into memory 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------