cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sb_loader.exe not supported for imx6 solo

jkobs2014
Contributor III

Hi.

The original thread was closed, and never answered.  The community needs an answer to this question, if you could please reply, it would be very helpful.

1) It looks like sb_loader.exe is not being actively maintained.  it does not work with the imx6solo microprocessor in the same situation where the manufacturing tools detect and talk to the board.

2) Since the 3.10.17 based manufacturing tools are not really working (we have a custom kernel, and we need to bootstrap our own kernel, and cannot use the old 3.0.35 kernel from the existing manufacturing tools) we have a serious problem moving forward with a windows-based bootstrap method.

sb_loader.exe, like imx_usb for windows, is a very simple, very straight-forward tool.

It would be EXTREMELY valuable, for this tool to work.  It would enable the community to bypass the horrific problems with the manufacturing tools.  It would enable us to move forward, get our boards programmed with the u-boot, and frankly, get on with our lives (in a manufacturing environment... which is where freescale makes $$$!!)

Yes, I can use imx_usb on linux.

Yes, I can manually flash contents after the manufacturing tools bootstrap the device.

No /dev/utp does not come up when I use a 3.10.17 based kernel without the file_storage.c/fsl_updater.c code, as replaced by the MASS_STORAGE code.

the manufacturing tools are NOT built yet properly for 3.10.17.  So.... PLEASE, support sb_loader.exe for the imx6solo microprocessor FIRST.  THEN do the manufacturing tools.  I'll happily use both, but I need to get on with my life ... NOW.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

KevinWong
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Posting sb_loader.tar.gz from Steve Dickey

0 Kudos

jkobs2014
Contributor III

We are still looking for support on this.

1) get sb_loader.exe working for the imx6 solo microprocessor.

2) get the 3.10.17 based manufacturing tools functional (meaning, get the boot-strapped kernel inside the manufacturing tools to be revision 3.10.17, regardless of the user's kernel revision).

3) distribute both.

Thanks

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry, but the information you are requesting it is in our pipeline, but we do not have a date of release of the new tools for the next Kernel for the i.MX6. Your feedback it is very valuable for us, we understand the need of such tool. so we are passing down your request.

Have a great day,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jaitch
Contributor I

Has there been any activity on this issue? I'm working on a functional test platform for an iMX6q product and using sb_loader would be a great help. If it isn't available yet is there any schedule information that can be shared?

Thanks

0 Kudos