Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sabrelite compile problem

Jump to solution
niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

Hi.

I'm trying to create a new image for my sabrelite (have lately mostly been working on the SabreSD), since I need to do some tests with the SPI and flash (the flash is no populated on the SabreSD board).

Now I always get an compilation error when I try to use MACHINE ??= 'imx6qsabrelite' in my local.conf file.

I can pass the compile if I don't add any CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL or try to change the board-mx6q_sabrelite.c file.

But when I tried to change the board-mx6q_sabrelite.c file (change to spidev instead of m25p80), then I get following error:

ERROR: Task 7 (/home/lab1/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-base.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

This is after I change the board-mx6q_sabrelite.c (fir I did a "bitbake linux-imx -c compile -f", which went well).

Is there any changes lately in the sabrelite setup, that I need to take into account?

Thanks,

Niklas

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Niklas,

We suggest using MACHINE="nitrogen6x" and "linux-boundary" for SABRE Lite builds.

I don't believe that linux-imx is being updated for SABRE Lite any more, and if it is, I doubt that it's well tested.

Also note that the board file used in this source tree is board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c:

linux-imx6/arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c at boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 · boundarydevices/l...

This board file supports both SABRE Lite and our Nitrogen6X boards.

SPI support is present in this kernel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricNelson
Senior Contributor II

Hi Niklas,

We suggest using MACHINE="nitrogen6x" and "linux-boundary" for SABRE Lite builds.

I don't believe that linux-imx is being updated for SABRE Lite any more, and if it is, I doubt that it's well tested.

Also note that the board file used in this source tree is board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c:

linux-imx6/arch/arm/mach-mx6/board-mx6_nitrogen6x.c at boundary-imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 · boundarydevices/l...

This board file supports both SABRE Lite and our Nitrogen6X boards.

SPI support is present in this kernel.

0 Kudos