取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

run standalone bare-metal application on u-boot on the iMX6

2,452 次查看
andreacolomba
Contributor II

I am trying to run a bare-metal application written for an imx6dq based board using iMX6 bare-metal sdk using u-boot.

After compiling the application I put it on SD card and run the following commands from u-boot.

> fatload mmc 1 0x10000000 demo.bin'

> go 0x100006d0

> ## Starting application at 0x100006D0 ...

The result is that everything hangs..

By looking at the .map file the memory configuration is attached in this post.

Instead of booting directly from the standalone app I want to use u-boot to do it because the board comes with u-boot on emmc flash.

As I said before the standalone program is compiled using iMX6 sdk, so it is self-contained and doesn't call any of the u-boot functions. Also by loooking at the elf file the entry point address is 0x100006d0 so if I jump to that address it should work, but it hangs.

I've already looked at the post How do I use uboot to run stand alone applications that I compile with ARM DS-5 on the i.MX6 ?  but didn't find anything useful.

Can you help me? What should I do in order to run standalone application compiled with sdk using u-boot?

Original Attachment has been moved to: demo.map.zip

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
2 回复数

1,233 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrea

one can check Figure 8-21 Image Vector Table i.MX6Q  RM

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf 

so if in image boot_data      0x0000000010000420, one can load image and try: go 0x10000420.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励

1,233 次查看
fabianoferronat
Contributor I

hi,

I'm using toradex Apalis imx6 and I'm having the same problem.

Can you detail your answer?

Where did you found this number ? 0x0000000010000420

Which is the entry point address? And the load address? And the GO address?

thanks

0 项奖励