cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rtc rtc0: Timeout trying to get valid LPSRT Counter read

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi,

What could be the cause for that error message, IRQ problem? The device is based on imx6ulz-14x14-evk, the rtc is defined in imx6ull.dtsi, it is running on kernel 4.19, the driver looks good, the clock seems fine.

# ls /dev/rtc*
/dev/rtc /dev/rtc0

# ls -l /dev/rtc0
crw------- 1 root root 253, 0 Mar 31 07:44 /dev/rtc0

Thank you.

jh

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jupiter

one can check if conditions fulfilled for correct reading of this register

described in sect.7.8.2 RTC/SRTC value read

Security Reference Manual for the i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Thanks for the response, sorry for not being clear here, I am not the one to write program to read RTC/SRTC value, it is Linux kernel process, I am also talking about iMX6ULZ, please refer to the following link about the issue:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=cd7f3a249dbed2858e6c2f...

I was advised to disable tamper with the TAMPER_PIN_DISABLE fuse bits as if it isn't pulling the pins low probably appears as a tamper event. But according to above kernel discretion that the iMX7d can be configured to stop the SRTC on a tamper event, it seems to me that iMX6 won't be able to configured to stop the SRTC on a tamper event, right? If that is correct, disabling tamper event won't be a solution in iMX6, what will be a right solution for iMX6ULZ? Correct me if I am wrong about it.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

jupiter

0 Kudos