cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repo init command failing.

indrajitkumar
Contributor II

Dear All,

I am following the "Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf" to do the setup of i.mx6 yocto build environment.

And when I run repo init it is failing. Please find attached img.

Please help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

indrajitkumar
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Fortunately, repo init command started working after doing the changes recommended by you.

But now, when I am trying repo sync, it is not working. Please check the images.

I think there is no problem with internet connection and access rights on my system.

repo_sync_error1.pngrepo_sync_error.png

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Indrajit,

For one or the other reason the GIT server is sometimes not reachable, but you still have the option to download the source code from Freescale Public GIT and then build it. If you have the need for various builds based on the same release, then it's useful to download all sources one time and base the following builds then on (a copy of) the local sources:

$ bitbake -c fetchall target

In Yocto Project Development Manual in chapter 5.15 you find some more information.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

indrajitkumar
Contributor II

Thanks Carlos!

I will check your points.

Thank you very much :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Indrajit,

When 'repo init' process is completed, the source code is checked out into the directory <BSP-Directory>/sources. A successful initialization will end with a message stating that Repo is initialized in your working directory. Your client directory should contain a hidden .repo directory where files such as the manifest will be kept.

First you may update and upgrade your host machine. If errors occur during repo initialization, try deleting the .repo directory and running the repo initialization command again.

If the problems persists verify that you have internet connection and you may contact your system administrator because if you are using firewalls or porxy server this may avoid conenction to repo.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos