Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"wlan0 no wireless extensions" on Andoird 5.x with RTL8188eus WIFI dongle

Jump to solution
david5icp
Contributor III

Hi All,

I got RTL8188EUS driver (RTL8188EUS_linux_v4.3.0.9_15178.20150907 ) form WIFI Vendor. I can make driver and insert driver on Android 5.1. It also works on Android 4.3.  There have same driver logs when insmod and turn wifi on.  But when i try to use "iwlist" or "iwconfig" command on Android, i always got "wlan0     no wireless extensions." .

How to reslove these issues ? It cause by wpa_supplicat ?

Thanks!

David Wu

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is a document from Realtek called Realtek Wi-Fi SDK for Android xxxx (where xxxx is the Android version). It is talking about how to setup wifi in Android in very details. You can follow the document to build the driver and setup the Android.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is a document from Realtek called Realtek Wi-Fi SDK for Android xxxx (where xxxx is the Android version). It is talking about how to setup wifi in Android in very details. You can follow the document to build the driver and setup the Android.

0 Kudos
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should enable CONFIG_CFG80211_WEXT=y in your kernel defconfig file.

0 Kudos
david5icp
Contributor III

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your reply . But CONFIG_CFG80211_WEXT already set on my config files, And i can get  wext-compat.o file after make image...

I try to add some logs on wext-compat.c, and never get these logs when i try to use iwlist or iwconfig.  Does this cause by wifi driver ?

Thanks,

David Wu

0 Kudos