cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qt6 browser on imx8MM evk using yocto

Jump to solution
Blake001
Contributor III

I use Yocto sucucessfully build the bsp with the qt6 browser installed in evk board.

I use the command : bitbake imx-image-full

After I flash the wic to the kernel, I find the qt6 browser under /usr/share/qt6/examples/webenginewidgets, however I can not open the browser, this is the output both in my display and minicom:

imx8mm-lpddr4-evk:/usr/share/examples/webenginewidgets/cookiebrowser$ ./cookiebrowser

drmModeGetResources failed (Operation not supported)

no screens available, assuming 24-bit color

Path override failed for key base::DIR_APP_DICTIONARIES and path '/usr/share/examples/webenginewidgets/cookiebrowser/qt
webengine_dictionaries'

Cannot create window: no screens available

Aborted (core dumped)

Do you have any suggestion regarding this, I tried to set up the enviroment, exported a lot of changes to the enviroment, still can not run the browser, why?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

No such issue on L6.6.23, i.MX8MM EVK.

Zhiming_Liu_0-1727337374702.png

Best Regards
Zhiming

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please refer 5.6.6 Qt 6 and QtWebEngine browsers in https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

Best Regards
Zhiming

0 Kudos
Blake001
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I followed the instructions from "5.6.6 Qt 6 and QtWebEngine browsers" , it built the browsers but I can not open it. The same error occured when I was trying to open the browser as I described before. How can I resolve this?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

No such issue on L6.6.23, i.MX8MM EVK.

Zhiming_Liu_0-1727337374702.png

Best Regards
Zhiming

Blake001
Contributor III

Thank you very much Zhiming,  I added "export QTWEBENGINE_DISABLE_SANDBOX=1" as you described and it works! Awsome!

Blake001_0-1727370090104.png

0 Kudos