Hi all, we're trying to program i.MX RT 1160 EVK with pyOCD but currently support is not available yet.
As we know that the pyOCD is open-source and extensible, we want to get the help of community in acquiring the pyOCD target for the 1160 chip.
1. Is the pyOCD support available with NXP?
2. Can we create the support file for the pyOCD?
3. Does Zephyr or community offer the script support for pyOCD?
Thanks in advance.
Hi @kanimozhi_t ,
Just as @IvoBCD said, the
Can support PyOCD debug probes.
You can check the SPSDK at first, whether it has the useful information for you.
I also find some community link:
Already have customers use the PyOCD.
Wish it helps you!
Did some more digging:
- pyocd (any version) can be used to put i.MX RT in ISP mode ("nxpdebugmbox -i pyocd -v ispmode -m 0")
- since a few days, pyocd development version got flash support for most i.MX RT EVKs merged-in (but not 685EVK), and can be used to program those EVKs
There is some support for pyOCD in the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning SDK (SPSDK), however I'm not sure if this can be used to directly program the flash of an i.MX RT 1160 EVK.