power consumption on iMX8m mini and root clocks

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power consumption on iMX8m mini and root clocks

davidvescovi
Contributor V

I was reading the application note AN12225 https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12225.pdf 
I was wondering if this information is still valid if I am using BSP 4.14.98_2.0.0 with iMX8M mini platform?

It looks like several of the files referenced look slightly different and the clock groupings might be different. I was wondering if this clocking info still pertains?

Were there changes in different BSP releases that had to do with enabling root clocks?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use these notes on this BSP with an accuracy.

0 Kudos

davidvescovi
Contributor V

The app note mentions an AMP application environment but never explains what AMP means. Arm Multi Processor is my guess. Is this correct?   

0 Kudos

davidvescovi
Contributor V

I think a big problem with the app note is that it references drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mq.c file on page 3 and it states "when searching with imx_clk_gate3, you can find that a lot of peripheral’s clock root gates are controlled by imx_clk_gate3." when in fact it only shows 4 hits (mostly vpu and gpu clocks). But if you look at drivers/clk/imx/clk-imx8mm.c file which I assume is for the iMX8m Mini, you do see MANY more hits (81 in fact). So my conclusion this app notes pertains mostly to iMX8m mini.

0 Kudos