cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

play video in IMX6 HDMI

ashokp
Contributor I

Hi All,

I want to play a video file (ex MP4 or 3gp) using gst-launch command. Please let me know exact command. My video files are stored in /home/sample_videos location.

I am using latest yocto build from freescale.  Also I am using HDMI interface with LCD TV

Thanks,

P.Ashok

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, you have to configure the video interface in the Uboot kernel command line as described in the "Video on $platformname" rows of the Table 11 "Common kernel boot parameters" of the Linux Release Notes document (see attached).

Then, for the information on the possible Gstreamer use cases, please refer to the Section 7.3 "Multimedia use cases" of the Linux User's Guide document (see attached as well).

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ashokp
Contributor I

Hi Artur,

It is playing using the following command in HDMI.

gst-launch filesrc location=/home/sample_videos/vc1_1080p_ap_l3_18mbps_ac3_hddvd.mkv ! vpudec ! fakesink

Do you know how to loop the video using the gst-launch

Thanks,

P.Ashok

0 Kudos

BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please read the  i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf  Arthur mentionded.

7.3 Multimedia use cases

Untitled.png

0 Kudos