cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance of streaming on imx6 Dual

letan
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on the custom board(i.MX6 Dual) plays as the streaming server with the application constructs the pipeline as below:

imxappsrc blocksize=4147200 device=camera1 location=/dev/null streaming=true ! video/x-raw,format=(string){I420},width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1 ! vpuenc livestreaming=true gop-size=30 bitrate=4*1024 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 timestamp-offset=0

Then I access to the streaming on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit and display fps as below command:

gst-launch-1.0 -v rtspsrc location="rtsp://192.168.2.18:8554/fullhd" ! decodebin ! fpsdisplaysink

• This streaming server application runs on the i.MX6 Quad SabreSD Evaluation board: average fps: ~30fps
  • This streaming server app runs on the custom board(i.MX6 Dual) with the library of imx-vpu_5.4.28: average fps: ~27 - 28fps
  • This streaming server app runs on the custom board(i.MX6 Dual) with the library of imx-vpu_5.4.32: average fps: ~25.5fps
  • First run the application occupied almost 1 CPU then run the streaming server app on the custom board(i.MX6 Dual): average fps: ~28.5fps (imx-vpu_5.4.28 or imx-vpu_5.4.32)

Currently I want to improve the performance of the application and stuck there.

Could you please take a look on this and let me know why there are the different results on the same application?

I'am looking forward to your respond!!

Thanks,

Tan

Labels (5)
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tan

one can try recent L4.1.15 with imx-vpu-5.4.33

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

and use attached Linux Guide sect.7.3.11 streaming.

Also 30fps is quite decent figure, please refer to attached Release

Notes sect.6.5.2 Video codec specifications.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

letan
Contributor III

Dear Igor,

After upgrading to L4.1.15 with imx-vpu-5.4.33, the fps is ~30fps.

But when we want to do the streaming with srtp AES-128, the fps is lower (~25-26.5fps)

Could you please give me advice?

Thanks,

Tan

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

perhaps "srtp AES-128" is implemented in software (without dryptodev via CAAM).

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

letan
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

The streaming performance looks well on L4.1.15 with imx-vpu-5.4.33. I really thank you.

Best regards,

Tan

0 Kudos