path to gstremer-1.0.pc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path to gstremer-1.0.pc

vinaymanikkoth
Contributor II

i am trying to compile a code using gstreamer (trying to include gst.h). getting an error saying 

Package gstreamer-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-1.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gstreamer-1.0' found
Package gstreamer-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-1.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gstreamer-1.0' found
test.cpp:3:10: fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory
#include <gst/gst.h>

i have installed gstreamer-1.0-libav. 

also when i check the pkgdata folder in my build directory for yocto, i can see all these packages. 

i tried to locate the gstreamer-1.0.pc file. can someone help me to find this file?

Thanks

Vinay

0 Kudos
3 Replies

vinaymanikkoth
Contributor II

what bsp version do you build?--> using a yocto platform to build the kernel. so not sure the version of bsp. building an fsl-image-validation-imx image

could you tell me what's your demands? --> developing an ADAS kind of application using camera and memory interfaces. all other peripherals are called from a C code and required to have C funstion to invoke the camera and get an image. i found some code using gstreamer for capturing images from web camera. thought of reusing this. 

how did you compile code by gstreamer?  used g++ to compile. this is the command used

g++ filename.cpp `pkg-config --cflags gstreamer-1.0` `pkg-config --libs gstreamer-1.0` -o file

wha'ts your test steps? --> first waiting for a successfull code compilation. 

let me know if you need more details, also dont hesitate to propose better ways to do this. at the end, i would like to have a C API to capture and image and store to a specified location. 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

why didn't you gstreamer source code in the yocto bsp, you can development your own code based on the yocto bsp,what camera do you use?  I don't know what imx products you use, the latest yocto (4.14.98) bsp includes gsteamer 1.0 already, you can use it directly

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what bsp version do you build? could you tell me what's your demands? how did you compile code by gstreamer?wha'ts your test steps?

0 Kudos