ooting directly from the microSD CardB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ooting directly from the microSD CardB

shyamjithkv
Contributor III

hi, i am using Freescale’s i.MX6 DualLite board. i want boot linux from external microSD card. i found that  booting directly from the SD Card  required changes in the hardware design,like installing  "shim". my doubt is , after installing this how can i restore the board back to previous state ,like booting again from internal storage?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 series reference boards by Freescale have the switches to select the available boot media, including an SD cards. For the i.MX6DualLite SABRE SD board, this is SW6, for the i.MX6DualLite SABRE AI board, these are S1 and S2, please check the corresponding hardware schematics. So, you don't have to modify the hardware to choose the desired boot media.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos