oneiric problem with login in

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oneiric problem with login in

thouswave
Contributor III

According to i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf, I use oneiric as filesystem on my customer board.I use HDMI as displayer,system can boot well,but can not login in.

The following is my bootargs:

video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24  root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rw

After system boot,only part of the login UI is displayed,as my attachment login.jpg. In login  box,I can type linaro,and the enter,after a while,the display goes to all black and back to login.jpg soon.

I think HDMI driver is OK,when I enter CTRL+ALT+F1,the command line intercface is well as show in cmd.jpg.

Who can tell me what to do next?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

thouswave
Contributor III

sorry,I forget the cmd.jpg,show as following.

cmd.jpg

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi 千 浪

problem with reboot may be caused by improper custom board

DDR settings (calibration coefficients) and memory size

(if different than in i.MX6 Sabre board). You can try DDR memory tool,

update Uboot flash_header.S and rebuild image

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-96412

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

thouswave
Contributor III

I am sorry the problem is not DDR, but the command line. I have worked it out, the correct command line is as following:

console=ttymxc1,115200 mem=2048M video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw ldo_active=on;bootm

Then ubuntu system can work well, but I really don't know why "video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDB-XGA,if=RGB24" should be added. As I known,dev=ldb indicates that target display is LVDS. Now, I just use HDMI, but in the future, on our real product, LVDS is the main displayer. So, how to set the command line if the target display is LVDS?

0 Kudos