Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxc_iomux_v3_setup_multiple_pads causes instant kernel reboot

Jump to solution
patrickgreß
Contributor I

Dear community,

I recently tried to create an image for a SABRE Platform board based on an existing working image. But when I tried to compile an new kernel for the image, the kernel instantly reboots when calling mxc_iomux_v3_setup_multiple_pads(mx6q_sabresd_pads,ARRAY_SIZE(mx6q_sabresd_pads)) in  mx6_sabresd_board_init of file board_mx6q_sabresd.c.

Removal of the call to mxc_iomux... makes the kernel boot without further problems, but the touchpad is not working, of course.

For kernel compilation I used the package provided by freescale (L3.0.35_4.0.0_ER_SOURCE)  with all the patches applied. The configuration of my kernel is based on the configuration of the working kernel, nothing was added or removed yet, so I expect it to work, which is not the case.

The working kernel is of version 3.0.35, which is the kernel I want to use.

Any help or insight is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Patrick

GCC Version: 4.7.3

Kernel config: see attachment

Original Attachment has been moved to: config.zip

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
shaojun_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you run on FSL sabresd board? What's the board version?

If the reboot issue is caused by mxc_iomux_v3_setup_multiple_pads(), you can find out which iomux setting cause the issue by modifing the parameter in mxc_iomux_v3_setup_multiple_pads().

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
shaojun_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you run on FSL sabresd board? What's the board version?

If the reboot issue is caused by mxc_iomux_v3_setup_multiple_pads(), you can find out which iomux setting cause the issue by modifing the parameter in mxc_iomux_v3_setup_multiple_pads().

0 Kudos
patrickgreß
Contributor I

Thanks,

yes, it is a sabresd board, I don't know which version however. 

Your method worked, just commented out some lines and get the kernel working to an acceptable degree. I am still wondering why this occurs, as the kernel versions are identical, and the configuration untouched. Could be a compiler problem,  but I doubt it. 

0 Kudos