mx6ull evk users: Can anyone share their 'u-boot-spinor-2016.03-r0.imx' file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx6ull evk users: Can anyone share their 'u-boot-spinor-2016.03-r0.imx' file?

djregan
Contributor III

Related to question / discussion thread at Why local.conf UBOOT_CONFIG updates are not visible in /tmp/deploy/images? ...

Would someone with a mx6ull EVK and a correctly functioning Yocto 'spinor' recipe mind sharing the resulting u-boot spinor image file (attach it to this post please?)?

This is just a guess... but... if the Yocto 'spinor' recipe could finish executing successfully, it would probably produce a file named something like 'u-boot-spinor-2016.03-r0.imx' ...and it should appear within the '/fsl-release-bsp/build-fb/tmp/deploy/images/imx6ull14x14evk/' sub-folder.

Instructions for producing this .imx binary file are with subsection 5.5 of 'i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf', as released with the bsp documentation under 'fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga'.

Thanks much in advance!

--DJ Regan

Labels (1)
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello DJ Regan,

Indeed, the documentation does mention the UBOOT_CONFIG flag for SPI-NOR. However, it does not specify for which MACHINE definitions these are available.

I was looking at the metadata inside the sources folder and it looks like the UBOOT_CONFIG[spinor] definition is only available for imx6ull14x14ddr3arm2 and not for the imx6ull14x14evk which is the supported i.MX6ULL board on the BSP Release.

Maybe you can look at the configuration for machine imx6ull14x14ddr3arm2 and work from there on what needs to change for the SPI-NOR Uboot configuration.

I hope this helps,

Regards,