cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx53 1920x1080 HD video playback

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Dear All:

We are testing the 1920x1080 HD video playback on i.MX533QSB board, the setups are:

Linux: 2.6.35.3

BSP: L2.6.35_11.05.01

CODEC: 11.05

GStreamer: 0.10.35

It is ok to play the 1280x720 video with the following command:

# gst-launch filesrc location=media/H264_DAKEAI.avi ! 'video/x-msvideo' ! aiurdemux name=demux demux. ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 ! mfw_vpudecoder ! mfw_v4lsink demux. ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size- time=0 ! mfw_mp3decoder ! audioconvert ! alsasink

We convert the video by using ffempg:

# ffmpeg -i H264_DAKEAI.avi -vcodec libx264 -vb 8000K H264_DAKEAI-1.avi

the video playback still fine. We then convert the video to 1920x1080 with the following command:

# ffmpeg -i H264_DAKEAI.avi -vcodec libx264 -vb 8000K -s 1920x1080 H264_DAKEAI-1080.avi

and using the below command to play the video:

# gst-launch filesrc location=media/H264_DAKEAI-1080.avi ! 'video/x-msvideo' ! aiurdemux name=demux demux. ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 ! mfw_vpudecoder ! mfw_v4lsink demux. ! queue max-size-buffers=0 max-size- time=0 ! mfw_mp3decoder ! audioconvert ! alsasink

The gst-launch exits with error, the output is in the attached file gst-launch.log. we have tried different format of video file, the errors are the same, so we want to does anybody try the 1920x1080 HD video on i.MX535 board? we have checked the manual for codec, which not much help from that.

Thanks in advance.

B. Regards

Patrick Chau

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Hake:

Thx for your help in solving the problem.

Patrick

0 Kudos

hake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
VLC
0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Hake:

Thx for the information.

Would you  pls let me know which media player you were testing, I tested the 1280x720 video, mplayer, vlc, totem & gstreamer can play it, but vlc player fails to play  the 1920x1080 video, the others can.

Patrick

0 Kudos

hake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

after a short analysis, your AVI file has a corrupted header,  most of common player can not play it. Our codec will not ignore such error, that's why the unit test can run but gst player can not. I think it is the final propose.

0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Hake:

Thx for your help!

Patrick

0 Kudos

hake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

we have issued a bug fix request to codec guys, hopefully they can give a solution ASAP.

0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Hake:

For you information, we use the following ffmpeg commands to convert the video, the video playback is fine:

# ffmpeg -i H264_DAKEAI.avi -vb 8000K -s 1920x1080 H264_DAKEAI-1080.mov

# ffmpeg -i H264_DAKEAI.avi -vcodec libx264 -vb 8000K -s 1920x1080 H264_DAKEAI-1080-264.mov

Patrick

0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Hake:

Actually, we made a service request on 7/10, but there is no positive reply so far, and as I mentioned before, two different files were converted by ffmpeg from the same video source file, the only difference between the two video files are the resolution, the 1280x720 video file can be played, but not the 1920x1080.

Our project is using mx53 to pickup the video stream from UDP, which video stream is in mpegts format, it is working for 1280x720 video already, so we really hope that will be fix soon.

Thx

Patrick

0 Kudos

hake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
I have forwarded. To be frankly,such issue is hard to resolved in a short time, besides I see no future release plan on 53QS boards. And the problem most likely that the video clips is not a well formed one. Can you contact FAE to find a demo 1080P clip? I think it will solved your instant problem.
0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Hake:

I run the command that you provided, it is ok at my site as well.

Like what you said, it maybe the CODEC parser's problem, would you pls forward to the CODEC guys. I hope that the problem will be solved soon, since our client is waiting for the demo.

Thx

Patrick

0 Kudos

hake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you try below command line and see output, it is OK at my site.

/unit_tests/mxc_vpu_test.out -D "-i H264_DAKEAI1080.avi -f 2"

if you get the same result as me, I think it is a problem in CODEC parser. I can forward it to CODEC guys, but it may highly depends on those guys bendwidth.

0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Hake:

The original file size over the allow attachment size, I just upload the first 6MB, pls find the attached video.

Thx

Patrick

0 Kudos

hake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
looks like the video clip can not support, could you attach the video clip also?
0 Kudos

PatrickChau
Contributor II

Hi Hake:

Thx for your reply.

I tried the ubuntu rootfs, which install with the codec package as well, it also fails to play the video, attached with debug output from gst. I test with the trailer_1080p.mov, it is ok, but fails when play the video that converted from ffmpeg.

Do you have any idea about that?

Thx

Patrick

0 Kudos

hake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
can you enable the debug inform of gstreamer? besides, it is highly recommand to use Ubuntu rootfs and install the codec debian package.
0 Kudos