cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx51 evk mfw_mp3encoder

brace
Contributor I

hi,all:

I want to encode raw sound to mp3 with gtreamer in mx51 evk, but i can't find mfw_mp3encoder  plug-in. who can tell you where i can find it,thank you .

PS, I used fsl-mm-codeclib-1.9.5.tar.gz and gst-fsl-plugin-1.9.5.tar.gz.

thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

CINCINATO
Contributor I

Hi Krishna,

I'm working on a project which needs mp3 audio encoding. As said by Lyon Wang, it seems that release 1.9.5 does not include this encoder, I think. So I had to get the fsl-mm-mp3encoder-2.0.3 package from iMX53's VirtualMachine BSP and compile it under iMX51 BSP with LTIB. It was a kind easy backport, but I've had to do it. And now it's working fine.

My issue was because I was trying to backport fsl-mm-codeclibs . And it includes some sort of GPU software for gstreamer's plugin. And the GPU is NOT the same on iMX51 and iMX53. So the output of video encoding with gstreamer was a green image.

Is it clear now?

My issue was because of I tried to backport fsl-mm-codeclibs before. And it includes some sort of GPU software. And the GPU is NOT the same on iMX51 and iMX53. So the output of video encoding with gstreamer was a green image.

Krishna Pavan said:

HI Cincinato Furtado, I did not quite understand why you are using a package that's to be used for other BSP.

i.MX51 has got its own codec_support on freescale page. Have you tried that?

Regards ::  Krishna Pavan

i'm having some trouble on compiling imx51 bsp with mp3 encoder from imx53 bsp ... has anyne tried this?

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

HI Cincinato Furtado, I did not quite understand why you are using a package that's to be used for other BSP.

i.MX51 has got its own codec_support on freescale page. Have you tried that?

Regards ::  Krishna Pavan

i'm having some trouble on compiling imx51 bsp with mp3 encoder from imx53 bsp ... has anyne tried this?

0 Kudos

CINCINATO
Contributor I

@brace were you successful on using lame or mfw_mp3encoder?

0 Kudos

sidebranch
Contributor II

Brace,

can you please mention what bug you found?

Regards,

Leon.

0 Kudos

brace
Contributor I

thank you , i got mfw_mp3encoder from freescale, but found some bug in it, i 'm try lame.

0 Kudos

LyonWang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
I'm afraid in 1.9.5 release the standard package didn't include mp3 encoder for license issue, you can get fsl-mp3enc-codeclib.tar.gz for that package. Or you can get the 2.0.0 release, you can find it in fsl-mm-codeclib package.
0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can't you use lame?

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-ugly-plugins/html/gst-plugins-u...

you only check ugly gstreamer package on package list inside ./ltib -c

0 Kudos