murata wifi on imx6ul

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

murata wifi on imx6ul

dluberger
Contributor V

I'm getting errors during bootup regarding the murata type 1ck device for bt/wifi combo.  The boot log is attached.  It appears that the kernel can "see" the device, and the/a relevant section of the boot log follows.

From everything I can tell, my hardware is configured correctly.  I've followed the eval board connections exactly, and have also tried hard-wiring the wifi 3v3 supply and the wlan_reg_on pins to remove any influence by kernel on gpio's.

I've tried this with a known working 1CK module, and I know this kernel works on the eval board (with proper device tree mod).  how can i debug the SI attach failure? What could cause an SDIO register driver timeout error?

I followed the murata guide and put the proper driver files in /lib/firmware/brcm and /etc/firmware (downloaded from a freescale image).

kernel log while mmc1 device (wifi) is loaded:

dhd_module_init in
wifi_plat_dev_drv_probe no GPIO for OOB in device tree.
wifi_plat_dev_drv_probe continue with non-OOB mode.
Power-up adapter 'DHD generic adapter'
wifi_platform_bus_enumerate device present 1    ** doesn't this mean the wifi module is communicating??
random: fast init done
mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (2 bytes)  ** Murata says these lines appear during normal operation
mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (7 bytes)
mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (6 bytes)
mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (7 bytes)
mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (6 bytes)
mmc1: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001  ** also an indicator of proper operation
dhdsdio_probe_attach: si_attach failed!  ** this occurs after several seconds; what happened??
dhdsdio_probe: dhdsdio_probe_attach failed
bcmsdh_sdmmc: probe of mmc1:0001:2 failed with error -12
dhd_wifi_platform_load_sdio: sdio_register_driver timeout or error
wifi_platform_bus_enumerate device present 0
mmc1: card 0001 removed

0 Kudos
4 Replies

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Hello David,

Please refer to the Murata Quick Start guide (https://wireless.murata.com/datasheet?/RFM/data/murata_quick_start_guide_linux.pdf) and use the scripts provided by Murata, as described in section 3.3.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

one can look at similar issue on

SD2 card slot is not working for WiFi 

Murata i.MX L4.1.15_2.0.0 Source Code Patch Release 

check murata linux documents on

wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-freescale-i-mx.html

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

It doesn't let me open the patch link (content locked?).

Also, I've tried hard-wiring the sd power supply as well as wlan-reg-on to power up as soon as board power is applied, my thought being that it would rule out gpio timing or other issues. 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

for obtaining patch one can create service request

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745

~igor

0 Kudos