cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monotonic counter in the iMX6Q

pablosocolovsky
Contributor I

Hello everybody!

I am trying to build a system that uses a monotonic counter in the iMX6Q, but I struggle to find a complete information for the ERA.

The manual says it is typically connected to fuses, but no reference on the fuse map.

If era is not in the fuse map, is the whole 64 bit counter retained using the battery?

Looking at the SNVS_HPLR soft locks I guess it is possible to initialize the monotonic counter from a trusted source.

What happens when an overflow occurs? does the MC_ERA increments or a security violation is asserted?

In case the whole 64 bit counter overflows is eventually signalling a violation?

I think I can guess the answers, but I hate guessing...

I haven't found any reference to this topic elsewhere. Thank you guys!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

SNVS Monolitic Counter Era value is 8-bit bit field in fuses. This is not documented in RM.

Sorry, but the information you are requesting is treated as confidential info at this time and
requires a signed NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). Naturally, we cannot discuss this with
you in public anyway, this requires to be handled as a Service Request (SR).

How to submit a new question for NXP Support

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos