module does not exist in modules-imx6dlsabresd.tgz even when I had build the .ko file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

module does not exist in modules-imx6dlsabresd.tgz even when I had build the .ko file

wangvictor
Contributor III

Hi community,

I'm working on i.mx6 sabreSD board with command ufw to enable it.

And I got a strange things that I can not really understand.

I was making my image with YOCTO Project.

So when I need a new driver I will modify the configuration with "bitbake -c menuconfig linux-imx"

Here I will take iptable for instance.

After I modified all the configurations that were relate to iptables I went to check build-wayland-dl/tmp/work/imx6dlsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/4.1.15-r0/build/net and the module did build it out under this path.

But when I check build-wayland-dl/tmp/deploy/images/imx6dlsabresd/modules-imx6dlsabresd.tgz there was no net folder in it.

I thought that every modules that I had configured should be tar in modules-imx6dlsabresd.tgz .

Is this normal?

Thanks in Advanced!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Victor Wang,

Yocto is designed with distribution of Linux distributions in mind and not development, which is why bitbake does not track changes in source code and won’t rebuild files that are already available. It could be that the modules-imx6dlsabresd.tgz file was already present and maybe it wasn’t created again because of this. You could do a cleanall and build it again, just be careful of not overwriting your kernel defconfig while doing so.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos