mfgtool stuck at Jumping to OS image and no debug output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfgtool stuck at Jumping to OS image and no debug output

Contributor I

Hi,

we're designing our custom board based on imx6QuadPlus SABRE-SD board, using the same DDR3 with the same size (1GB).

By using the mfgtool (L3.14.52_1.1.0_ga-mfg-tools), I noticed the program process stuck at "Jumping to OS Image" and no debug output displayed.

I used mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-emmc-6qp script to open the mfgtool, and only modified:

[LIST]
name = eMMC

try to program the code to our 8GB eMMC.

I want to know if I need to rebuild the uboot as well as fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot. 

If there's no need to do that, I want to know why there's no debug output at all.

Please refer to the attachment for the MfgTool log, cfg.init and ucl2 (Ididn't modify it).Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hepei

For new board recommended to run ddr test and update Mfg Tool firmware
image with new ddr calibration coefficients found from test
i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V3.00 
Update coefficients in mx6qp.cfg\mx6sabresd\freescale\board - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot  and
rebuild Mfg Tool firmware (files in  ../firmware folder, fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot).
For rebuilding use sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool attached Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Thanks igorpadykov,

Just a quick question about the mx6qp.cfg:

/* the same flash_offset as sd */

BOOT_FROM      sd

should I change this macro since I want to write the u-boot to eMMC instead of SD card?

Thanks.

0 Kudos