mfgtool rev1.6.2.055 issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfgtool rev1.6.2.055 issue

victorien
Contributor IV

Hi to program our board based on iMX28 processor, we use mfgtool rev1.6.2.055. Previously we used 1.6.2.048 version but we need to update it because our computers have USB3.0 port (Windows7 64bits).

The issue it that mfgtool crash often. There is no error message ; just "Windows detect an error on the software and try to find a solution".

I try to execute mfgtool has administrator and I have this error :

Mfgtool.png

Is there someone who have the same issue ? Is there a solution ,

Regards

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the similar issue is observed sometimes when using USB3.0 ports on a host PC. Better not to use them. If you need to connect multiple target boards to a single host PC, better to do it through an external USB2.0 hub, connected to a regular USB2.0 port.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

victorien
Contributor IV

I tryed with a USB3.0 port on PC, USB2.0 on PC, USB2.0 with external and with an old PC which doesn't have USB3.0 controller and I have issues with each config.

Is there an other test that I can do ?

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looks strange, this is not a known issue. Unfortunately, I have no more idea what else can be done. Try to migrate back to 1.6.2.048 and use USB2.0 ports only.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos