Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manufacturing tool and iMX6Q

Jump to solution
inmaku
Contributor III

Hi All,

It says, the manufacturing tool is outputting messages through the COM port of teh iMX6. What port and setting do I need to set?

Thanks,

Ingo

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, that's not necessary, just make sure you have the right COM port in the terminal window.

If you don't see anything, then MFGTool probably is not doing anything. Do you see the messages in MFGTool about flashing your device? (just to make sure it is running)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The port is not a default one, you need to use the one that windows assign once you plug the board (check on "device manager" for that).

You use the default settings for everything with exception of speed, which is 115200

Best regards,
Sergio

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
inmaku
Contributor III

Thanks - that is clear and matches. The 115200 as well as the 8-bit, 1 stop bit and no handshake. Still I don't see anything coming out of it. I wonder, if you need to call teh mfgtooll with a command lien parameter in order to get the terminal output?

0 Kudos
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, that's not necessary, just make sure you have the right COM port in the terminal window.

If you don't see anything, then MFGTool probably is not doing anything. Do you see the messages in MFGTool about flashing your device? (just to make sure it is running)

0 Kudos