manual download approval taking a long time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual download approval taking a long time?

Jump to solution
uwegeuder
Contributor II

Hi!

We are actively developing on i.MX6 so I requested one of the manuals with the padlock symbol on the documentation list  i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|Freescale

I think it said that approval takes typically 24-48 hours. But 2 weeks later the download has been neither approved nor denied.

Is that a normal response time others have experienced, too?

Regards,

Uwe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
uwegeuder
Contributor II

My download request on the web site was disapproved without further details yesterday Aug 10. They advice

Please contact your FAE or sales representative so they can reconsider your request.

So it took them 2.5 months for that answer. Needless to say I am not impressed.

P.S. As commented before I have already received the document with the help of the SR created by Carlos.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
uwegeuder
Contributor II

My download request on the web site was disapproved without further details yesterday Aug 10. They advice

Please contact your FAE or sales representative so they can reconsider your request.

So it took them 2.5 months for that answer. Needless to say I am not impressed.

P.S. As commented before I have already received the document with the help of the SR created by Carlos.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Uwe,

Could you please comment which specific padlock symbols have you requested? Because the link that you provided just pointed to the Documentation section of the i.MX6 page.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
uwegeuder
Contributor II

I have requested the Security Reference Manual. Of course not having seen the manual I have no idea whether I need it. We are using Trustzone (some of our code runs in secure world) so I guessed that manual might be important for me.

The download still says:

> Our records indicate you requested approval to download this item on May 13, 2015 at 02:42 AM. You will be notified by an email when your request has been processed.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Uwe,

Could you please tell me if you are in contact with a Freescale representative (Sales or FAE)? If it is the case, could you please mention his/her name? It may help to redirect a reminder to the proper person.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
uwegeuder
Contributor II

Thanks Carlos for your reply!

Somebody in our company has certainly be in contact with Freescale, but I personally have not. I'll try to find out a name (in the worst case this might take a while, because my contact person is on holidays this week and myself I will be on holidays next week).

I guess I'll send you the name in a personal message, not sure whether it's OK to mention the name of other employees in a public forum.

0 Kudos
uwegeuder
Contributor II

I've received one contact (there have been others, but as mentioned I don't have them now). Unfortunately it does not seem to be possible to send you a private message unless you follow me. I guess you could follow me just for the purpose of this discussion, feel free to unfollow once it is resolved.

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Uwe,

I have created for you the Service Request SR# 1-3853321381. You should receive additional information through that channel.

Best regards!

/Carlos

uwegeuder
Contributor II

Thanks for your help Carlos, the SR you created was resolved today and I received the manual.

So my case is solved, but I leave the general question open. I don't know whether it's normal that it takes so long...

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Uwe,

I’m glad to know that you already got the requested documentation. I just verified that the SR is already closed, so, if you also want to close this thread, please click the Correct Answer button.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Uwe,

I have received your private message with the contact details. I will verity the next step and I will send you an update.

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos