Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make *** error 1 in a MCUXpresso MIMXRT1170 project

Jump to solution
usala
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to port the EVAL kit AVB audio demo from Linux command line build environment on to a MCUXpresso project.  I created a makefile project and added dependencies and other variable from the  CMakefile.  After spending quite a bit of time with include file paths and sorting out the actual files used in the build I am able to compile all the necessary files but and the end I get  "make *** filename.o error 1" for the 13 files that comprise the actual avb audio application (see attached screen capture of the errors).

Can someone help me resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises!

Porting the AVBN examples to MCUXpresso is not a trivial task. Kudos for you for your work on porting it. Sounds like you are almost there.

I have seen similar error before, albeit I haven’t been able to reproduce it, where one of he factors is the Antivirus on the Windows machine. I know it sounds odd but it’s worth trying disabling the antivirus and then cleaning and building the MCUXPresso project.

Would you please share more of the log to see what is showing before this error? Perhaps that may also shed some light on what may be the problem as there may be several causes like duplicated files or library errors.

Regards,
Gustavo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

Thanks for your response.  I will share with the community all hurdle and solutions so that others can save time in building the AVB demo using MCUXpresso.  I will try you suggestion of disabling the anti-virus and rebuild.  I'll get back to you with the results.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises!

Porting the AVBN examples to MCUXpresso is not a trivial task. Kudos for you for your work on porting it. Sounds like you are almost there.

I have seen similar error before, albeit I haven’t been able to reproduce it, where one of he factors is the Antivirus on the Windows machine. I know it sounds odd but it’s worth trying disabling the antivirus and then cleaning and building the MCUXPresso project.

Would you please share more of the log to see what is showing before this error? Perhaps that may also shed some light on what may be the problem as there may be several causes like duplicated files or library errors.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos
usala
Contributor III

Gustavo,

Disabling the Anti-Virus did not solved the error 1 issue.  I have attached the complete error log from the console's output for you to look at.  I really appreciate you help.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ulises,

My apologies for the delay.

I saw that you posted another thread regarding the demo for the i.MXRT1170 EVK. Is the problem still present or where you able to solve it?

I couldn’t find a clear answer on what could be the issue but the preprocessor error “macro names must be identifiers” would appear sometimes when there are directives to see if a symbol is defined but it should not start with a digit. However, from what I understand you are nor making changes to the sources themselves.

If the problem is still present, have you made some progress or is there any change on the error log?

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos
usala
Contributor III

Hi Gustavo,

Thank you for your response.  I have not made any changes to the code nor any progress on the error 1 issue.  I have no idea why this is happening.  Ironically the error happens on the avb application files only.  This is the only issue preventing me from having a MCUXpresso (Windows) version working.

Best regards,

Ulises

0 Kudos