cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m.2(nfgg) to PCIe 2.0 inteface

ashish_mishra
Contributor I

Dear sir/ma'am,

We have an imx8m evaluation  board with us, we would like to interface PCIe2.0 to (https://pinouts.ru/Slots/pci_express_pinout.shtml)  with m.2 (nfgg connector), I have few queries:

1. Does the processer(arm) have driver support to PCIe 2.0, if yes kindly tell me about the wiring setup? how shall I connect active low control signals to PCIe(Network interface card)? (CLOCK0, PEWAKE0, PEST0, w-disable2, w disable 1,SUSCLK)

2. For our custom design, we plan to use two lan(2X) of PCIe.  how shall I connect lan 2 (2X) control signals(PERST1, CLKRQ1, PEWAKE1) to PCIe?

Note: we have 82599es ethernet ic based PCIe with us (with intel driver support form PCI end )  

3.  PCIe also needs +12V supply lines to PCIe NIC card, how can I make the supply connection? do I need a separate power supply?

Thanks in advance!

kind regards

Ashish

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ashish,

>>1. Does the processer(arm) have driver support to PCIe 2.0, if yes kindly tell me about the wiring setup?

Yes, PCIe 2.0 is supported. you can refer to i.MX8MQ EVK schematic and PCB Layout.

>>how shall I connect active low control signals to PCIe(Network interface card)? (CLOCK0, PEWAKE0, PEST0, w-disable2, w disable 1,SUSCLK)
You can use GPIO to control it using external pull-down.

>>2. For our custom design, we plan to use two lan(2X) of PCIe.  how shall I connect lan 2 (2X) control signals(PERST1, CLKRQ1, PEWAKE1) to PCIe?

i.MX8MQ supports 2 PCIe 2.0 ports, but each port only supports 1 Lane, not 2 lanes.

You can use intel 82574 or 82574IT.

pastedImage_5.png

>> 3.  PCIe also needs +12V supply lines to PCIe NIC card, how can I make the supply connection? do I need a separate power supply?
Since you want to use M.2 connector, you can refer to it's standard definitions for signals.
in addition, our i.MX8MM EVK supports M.2 connector, you can refer to it.

pastedImage_6.png

[Comment]

(1) Download i.MX8MQ EVK design files :

-EVKA or EVKB(supports Display port)

-i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit | NXP 

pastedImage_8.png

(2) Download i.MX8MM EVK design files :

i.MX 8M Mini Evaluation Kit | NXP 

pastedImage_10.png

One is for DDR4 application, the other is for LPDDR4 application.

Have a nice day!

BR,

weidong

0 Kudos